Kiwi Business Boost in Hawke’s Bay this November
Small and growing Hawke’s Bay businesses can learn about ways to help your business thrive at Kiwi Business Boost, launched locally this month.
Presented by business.govt.nz, Kiwi Business Boost offers free sessions and workshops covering a number of relevant topics, as well as the opportunity to hear from other small businesses. Between 11 and 21 November, more than 50 events will be held in Wairoa, Napier, Hastings and Waipawa.
The NZBN team will be at Getting Started sessions and, in a separate session, talking to local bookkeepers about how they can use the NZBN to help their customers.
Kiwi Business Boost brings private and public sector together. Partners attending include New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, Hawke’s Bay Business Hub, Inland Revenue, PopUp Business School and 30+ more.
Events will focus on the following topics:
- Getting started: Registering, planning, naming, research, structure, funding
- Growth: Sales, innovation, grants, exporting, accessing finance, using digital technology
- Sustainability and wellbeing: Environmental and social enterprise, mental health
- Risks and operations: Health and safety, intellectual property
- Cash flow: Understanding finances, tax and accounting
- Staff: Hiring and retaining, leave and holidays, managing people, leadership
From early November, you can also register for tailored guidance for your business(external link).