Updating your company or other organisation details
As a company or other organisation, MyNZBN is where you can update information that your suppliers, customers and other businesses will most often ask for such as your phone number, email or website address. Your NZBN works to its full potential for your business and others if you keep this information up-to-date.
What you can update in MyNZBN
MyNZBN lets you update your:
- Trading name
- Website address
- Email address – the one your suppliers and clients should use
- Phone number
- Physical and registered address – which allows your suppliers and government to deliver services to you, and lets your clients know where you are.
- Industry BIC – this is the type of industry in which your business operates.
Why update your details
Your NZBN works to its full potential for your business and others if you keep your core business information up-to-date.
The more businesses that use the NZBN, the better it will become for everyone. By keeping your details up-to-date, the organisations you deal with most often can rely on your information being accurate on the NZBN Register - and you save yourself time and money not having to repeat the same details over and over to different suppliers, customers, other businesses or government.
Encourage your customers and suppliers to do the same with their details. That way whenever you need core information about a business, you can go to the NZBN Register, find their details and be confident you’re using up-to-date information.
How to update your details
What you need before you start
To update the details of your business, you’ll need:
- A RealMe® login – this is the same one you use to access the Companies Register
- Authority over your business – if you have it on the Companies Register, you’ll have it here
- The details you want to update
If you already have access to your company in the Companies Register
Use the same login as on the Companies Register. If you can’t remember your login or password, click on the link below.
You’ll have authority over the same companies as you do in the Companies Register, and you’re all set to start your updates.
If you’ve found your business, but you don't have access to it in the Companies Register
You'll need a RealMe account.
If you use (or have used) a RealMe account to access another government agency, you can use that to log in to the NZBN Register. Once you’re logged in, you’ll need to request authority over your business.
If you don't have a RealMe account yet, you can create one the first time you log in, or through the link below.
Companies Register – important information
Companies can now include their GST number on the NZBN Register. At this time details about your business, such as your legal business name, the names of shareholders and directors, details of shareholding ownership and your GST number can only be updated on the Companies Register. To manage these details please log in to the Companies Register.
There are two ways to update your GST number on the Companies Register:
- When filing your annual return. You will now be presented with the option to add your GST number on the first section of your company’s annual return.
- As part of your company maintenance. Once logged into the Companies Register, select your company from My Businesses on your dashboard and click the Edit button on the Additional NZBN information section. Provide any NZBN details you want to include on the register and click the Submit button to save the changes.
If you have any questions about this, or would like someone to talk you through the process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
If your organisation is an incorporated society, charitable trust board, building society, credit union, friendly society, industrial and provident society, limited partnership (NZ and overseas) or a special body, you’ll need to manage your core business information via the Companies Office website.
We’re working on making this functionality available through the NZBN Register too, and we’ll let you know via the News & Updates section of this site when you’ll be able to do this.