Companies and other organisations
Some businesses and organisations already have an NZBN. Find out if your organisation has been assigned one.
Businesses and organisations registered with the Companies Office have been automatically assigned an NZBN. This includes:
- registered companies
- incorporated societies
- charitable trust boards
- building societies, credit unions and friendly societies
- industrial and provident societies
- limited partnerships (New Zealand and overseas).
Other organisations assigned an NZBN include:
- government agencies
- other public sector entities, such as schools and local councils.
Use the search bar above to see if your business or organisation already has an NZBN.
NZBN services has more information about search and other free services that will help you find multiple NZBN businesses and stay up-to-date.
When you need our help getting an NZBN
You will need our help to get an NZBN if your organisation does not fit any of the above categories. For example, you will need our help if your organisation was:
- formed by legislation (such as an Act of Parliament)
- not formed by legislation, and also not an unincorporated sole trader, partnership or trust (for example, a charity that is not a charitable trust).
For help getting an NZBN for one of these types of organisations, contact us.